Cloud computing is the most important technology since WEB2. Cloud Computing is a hosting service and so called Internet-based “CLOUD” which use a number of rackservers or blade servers to provide one Unified Cloud. In such a unified Cloud you may have all your company’s or country’s software and data. Virtualization technology is used for many different operating systems and for safety you may ad unlimited Clustering technology with Load Balancing for automatic fail over for services. On the software part it uses SaaS, Software as a Service like on a normal LAN. As clients you may use PC, Notbooks, PDA and also thin clients. For Hosting and SaaS Providers The Virtual Private Datacenter can be delivered in just a few minutes.
According to Gartner Research:
“Cloud Computing will be as influential as E-business”
According to Gartner there is no doubt that Cloud Computing will change the way we use servers, and it will also be a more Green Solution to choose. According to IEEE Internet Computing “Cloud Computing is a paradigm in which information is permanently stored in servers on the Internet and cached temporarily on clients that include desktops, entertainment centers, table computers, notebooks, wall computers, handhelds, sensors, monitors, etc.” Some of the synonyms has been Grid Computing and Elastic Computing.
Cloudcenter facilities with IAAS
Cloud computing is a SaaS product for incorporation of “Software as a Service”, Web 2.0 and many other technologies and trends. Many of the known Cloud Computing companies like Amazon and Microsoft is now having trouble times ahead from the Open Source communities and the Server Hosting Center Providers. The Open Source Cloud Computing is making it possible to use your own systems for the Cloud Computing Sky.
Currently used systems is comparable and compatible with Amazons EC2, Microsoft, Grid Community and your own system backend with IAAS = InfraStructure As A Service.
Cloud Computing and Virtualization overview
At the current moment the support is for the fowllinf Cloud Computing Standards and companies:
- Cloud Computing Best Practices with Virtualization and Clustering
- Private Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Virtualization and Clustering for Private Open Sky / Server Farms / Vendors
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service, PaaS – Platform as a Service & SaaS – Software as a Service
- Support for Amazon EC2 Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing, Google App Engine
- Products like 10Gen, Enomaly, Reservoir, OpenNebula, Eucalyptus, Nimbus from The Globus Alliance
- Linux (9 vendors), Unix (3 vendors) and Windows Server 2008 platforms in mix as you wish
- Support for MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase & PostGresSQL, EnterpriseDB and Database Clustering
- Support for 3PAR, EMC, DELL, HP, IBM, Sun, MogleFS and many more
- Virtualization by Citrix Xen, Microsoft HyperV, SunXVM, VMWARE and many more